Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Days

Today was a challenge. In more ways than one. The kind that leave me deflated, overwhelmed and on the verge of tears. Nothing major happened, just a series of little things, banding together to bring about a general feeling of negativity. So I have decided to focus on something positive about my week. Because nothing good is born from negativity. 


It's remarkable the things that float my boat these days. Whilst there are still many things non-child related, a great deal of joyous moments come from fab finds or new discoveries which benefit my boys. Last weekend I made one of these happy findings. Right under my nose. Minutes from our house. I wasn't exactly a pioneer, as Scott had been there before with Angus (he did fail to mention just how wonderful this park is though, typical male lack of detail). A beautiful, large, fenced in park. With tonnes of play equipment AND a sandpit.


I don't know how I've missed it all this time. We often play on the sports fields right next to it, throwing the frisbee or kicking a ball. But I have found it now and I am going to make the most of it, especially on Autumn days like last Monday. Soaked in sunshine and blue sky, Angus and I played for 3 whole hours! Felix slept for the bulk of that time. By chance, we ran into a friend from the neighbourhood and the kids played happily together. It is not often we spend hours on end, in the one place. Just beingHere, in this park, it's almost impossible not to.









5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a challenging. Its funny how these days make the others seem so much better. I love your positivity and i am loving that park! It looks awesome, i wish we had one like that near us!
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really encouraging to hear that you are going to focus on the positives when days are challenging, it's what I try to do as well :)
    We have many great parks in our area too but nothing quite as good as your one.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Julie, that was a lucky find! Sweet serendipity. I'm so pleased for you - I know what a gem that will be for you. J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful photos! your boys are so handsome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find, gotta love that.
    A great park and especially when it's fully fenced is a rare find so YAY!!

    I hope your weekend is better than your week has been. Big hugs beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)