Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunny Disposition

It would have been difficult not to feel good these past few days. I truly believe the warmth and sunshine influence me in profound ways. Together, they change the type of person I am. They make me the type of person I like to be. Poor Angus has been battling a cold and the night's have been fairly restless, with both of us camping out on the lounge, for everyone's comfort really. He sleeps so much better propped up with a myriad of cushions and pillows. I recall the very feeling this gave me as a child. Reassurance and coziness. I also get to watch him that little bit longer when he's on the lounge, before I lapse into slumber myself. I kind of like that.

Despite his cold, he has been super keen to soldier on during the days. We've taken leisurely walks, enjoyed plenty of park play and one of our favourite weekly rituals of visiting Nana and Pop. Sitting on the lawn, in the afternoon sun, observing my Mama and the boys busying themselves with weeding the garden and watering the plants. Seeing the boys racing back and forth on the little fire engine and exploring all the wonders of nature. I love all of it. It's simple, but it's this that makes me beam.

A mid week dinner with two gorgeous girls I'm lucky enough to call dear friends, was a nice way to spend an evening also. These girls have been in my life since we were 12 and although we don't catch up as often as we should, it's always the same sense of certainty when we do. Life itself changes constantly, but nothing between us ever does. I would love to be sitting around with these treasures, eating gourmet pizza and chatting the night away, when we're 80. A sunny disposition for this Mama of 2 boys, indeed.











12 comments:

  1. Thank you - for sharing your sunshine.
    It's beautiful - like the pics.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Julie, I'm pleased to hear the 'lightness' in your voice. Sunshine can do us all a power of good. J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh, such pretty pictures!! I love love love the flowers.
    You have the sunniest of sunny dispositions...that's what I love most about your space here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely and whole-heartedly get you on this one, I too thrive more in the sunshine. Thank you for sharing lovely, I was smiling reading this. Your photos are just divine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the second blog post I've teared-up in this morning!
    Sunshine makes life so much easier. You sound like such a gorgeous mum.
    I could really feel the love for your boys and the complete love and admiration for your own Mama shine through your post x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really know what you mean. I feel totally energised and recharged by the sun. It has an incredibly powerful affect on my disposition too. And I love your beautiful sunny photos, what a glorious day in the garden. Just lovely. Alison : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sun! Fantastic pics!! I actually had a report card once that said I had a 'sunny disposition" lols

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunshine, gorgeous kids, pretty flowers and a catch up with girlfriends all sounds pretty wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh happy days! It's sunny and warm here today too and the doors are wide open and a lovely little breeze is flicking around my face! Bliss. Love all your gorgeous flower pics, can't wait to see lots like that here. Not too far away, I've got some jasmine and murrayas ready for planting and their fragrance is intoxicating. Enjoy that sunshine, J... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. So happy, so sunny and so full of happy hope! So glad you're feeling better. How is it the weather can literally make us happy? And how could you not be with all that sunshine, those beautiful flowers and spunky boys?

    Have a wonderful weekend Julie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Know what you mean, I think my mood improved when we moved back from the UK to Australia because of the sunshine. It's been several years and I still appreciate the weather here so much! Glad you're doing better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)