Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seven Years

A wedding is a beautiful celebration. The fun, fashion and romance. Food, drink and dancing. Smiles, tears and all round euphoria in the air. But wedding's can also be almighty hectic, stressful and nerve wracking. An hour prior to departure from my parent's place, on my wedding day, I freaked out. Excitement and anticipation culminated in a rather emotional reaction to my hair and makeup. The expectations I placed on these two things were not met, in my critical eyes. I remember shakily walking into the bathroom, collecting my thoughts as I fought back tears and just. breathing. Deep and long. From that point onwards, I was fine. And apart from making Scott wait almost half an hour for my fashionably late arrival, he was fine also.

Seven years ago today, I married the love of a lifetime. A man who I've shared a strong affinity with from the moment we met. Someone who makes me laugh heartily and love passionately. Dream big and reach for the stars. A husband who's devotion grows stronger with each and every year we're together. And a friend who challenges me enough to keep the spark alive. If I had my time again, there are certain things I would change about our wedding day. Choices made by my somewhat naive and impressionable 25 year old self. Though a wedding is but only a day. A marriage is forever and that decision, I wouldn't change for the world.



15 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Lovely Lady! Hope you had a beautiful day with your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary.
    As you've said the wedding is not the commitment, the marriage is.
    I hope you've had a super special day with your 'one'.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complete snap. Seven years tomorrow for us. Oh the bliss! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both Julie :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely!
    Happy anniversary!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh happy anniversary, Sweetheart! It's so important to mark these days and remind ourselves that our love for each other was how we started out in the first place, before the children! J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversay gorgeous girl. I hope you get to enjoy celebrating the past 7 years and the beginning of the next 50 year together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary Julie! Hope you both treat yourself to celebrate in some way xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, your lucky to have that special love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary dearest one I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating all those special moments spent together we so many more to enjoy.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous post from a lovely lady in a stunning dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so adorable. what a beautiful post. your words make me smile always. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)