Sunday, February 12, 2012

That's my fun day

We had every intention of heading down to Bondiesta today, an annual South American Festival. Until we discovered it would cost our little family of four a touch over eighty dollars for the privilege. We were honestly expecting this one to be a free, family inspired, community event, as most of the festivals in Bondi are. But like other families we noticed doing a quick swivel on their heels at the entrance, we decided to give it a miss and make our own fun. Not a very difficult task on beautiful Bondi Beach, on a perfect Summer's day.

A leisurely walk along the promenade alongside the beach to start off. Followed by the most delicious vegetarian nachos I've ever tasted (I am putting it out there). In fact all the meals were just divine. Next up, New Zealand Ice Creams in the sun. Angus and I normally share a child sized serving, but he's now graduated to his very own children's icecream. I have a new partner in crime to share with from here on. Topping the day off nicely, with a play at the park before home time. A wonderful, relaxing Sunday... all for well under eighty dollars.









16 comments:

  1. oh your pics of the boys always make me smile, glad you had some sun and boo to the festival...fun without it anyways!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yes $80 is a bit steep i agree! Glad you got to enjoy each others company and still have a day out for FREE!!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s your encouragement goes a long way over at my place goes a long way lady! Your comments ALWAYS make me smile

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nachos look Amazing! Your boys look like they enjoyed their icecreams, right down to the last drop!

    Wow - that festival was hideously expensive! Glad you found a much better option for a lovely day out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to love making family fun, especially when the alternative is $80!
    Awesome photos at usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an absolutely perfect AND very civilized way to spend this goreous sunny day. I can't believe they wanted to charge that much for you guys to get in...ridiculous. Looks like you had much better fun anyway doing your own thang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve those ice creams dribbling down the faces- looks like a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sold! I'll have some of that family fun! We too went out for a family fun day - to a farm! It was like a mud-fest and of course the girls loved it. Ruby had her first close-up encounter with a pig - I think the pig was more scared and then we bought all our weeks vegetables and fruit (locally grown) for a fraction of the price we normally pay in the supermarket. Although i think the girls would swap it all for those ice-creams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yummy, yum yum! I want that nachos! Such a glorious Sydney day! Your boys are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes agree with Mummy Daze, I want those nachos! Your pictures are really great. Glad you had a lovely weekend and yay for sun!
    (Also - just checking you saw my note about the Liebster?) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was lovely to enjoy the sunshine yesterday, even if it only lasted a few hours. I went the other direction, to Palm Beach, and the water looked spectacular. Wasn't brave enough to venture in though, it just isn't warm enough!

    How lucky are we that we can so easily capture those moments, in as many pics as we want! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm.
    You've distracted me with all that food!!
    Those nachos look the bomb - so I'll trust your verdict.

    Nothing like good old fashioned (relatively) FREE family fun.
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that food looks so so good!!
    Sounds like a wonderful day of family fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds & looks like a heavenly day!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. $80 is a wee bit ridiculous! And look how much you had without spending that! My favourite pic is totally the one where he has buried his finger right into the tip - gotta make sure you get every bit of ice-cream possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)