Monday, May 21, 2012

Blink of an eye

On Saturday, Felix pulled our hall table down on himself. Our really heavy, wooden, hall table. One minute I was vacuuming with him by my side, the next minute he was on the floor screaming, pinned underneath, with a mess all around him. It frightened me so. much. It frightened him so much. But I still think it rattled me more. And as is often the case when one of the boys hurt themselves, my reaction of panic startles them and they go straight for their daddy. Which upsets me even further I think. But he is big and strong and calm and when I think way back to when I was little, I always turned to my Dad to make everything better too. So I regathered my composure and checked him all over and cuddled him and tried to stop the involuntary shaking in my legs. He was absolutely fine. In a million years, I would not have believed he could pull a table that tall and solid down. But then Felix is consistently showing me that in fact he can do anything he sets his mind to.

On Sunday morning, the weather was drizzly and bleak. Both Scott and I were bleary eyed from Saturday night and to pull the doona over our heads and snooze for a good twelve hours, would have been perfect. Instead, we answered the calls of our energetic duo and hit the park. Some kicking, frisbee throwing, tip you're it! and hide 'n' seek. Just the ticket for clearing the cobwebs.













14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous spot to let loose! Bet those boys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I feel for you with Felix. They always seem to scare themselves more than actually hurt themselves when things like that happen! Glad he was all ok x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little man and how scary for you. Happy to read all ok x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frightening, Jules! Sounds like you all dusted yourselves off and made the most of a beautiful day. Thank goodness he was ok. What a brave (and strong) little champion xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a scary start to your Saturday.
    Their strength really is amazing - and sometimes frightening.
    I'm so glad your little man is a-okay - and hopefully you are too.

    Gorgeous park pics.
    No sympathy for the seedy when little ones are around!!
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha seedy and kids just don't go together, I bet it was early to bed for everyone.
    Looks like such a nice relaxing day of family time.
    So very pleased Felix is OK, those types of moments scare me no end, because I then start thinking 'what next?'. He's going to be a toughie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsers! Scary with the table incident! Glad he (and you!!!) are both ok. And little boys are like puppy dogs - they need a good run around rain, hail or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are both ok, they are really enjoying a run around at the park, have a lovely week.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank goodness Felix is ok, what a fright you must have got!!
    The park looks lovely, glad you all enjoyed the chance to relax and unwind.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - can imagine that scared the hell out of you! Thank god he's ok. Looked like a lovely end to the week in that park though. So much space to run free x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous photos. Glad Felix was fine... I hate those moments so much too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jules! What a shock for you both. Can you stabilise the table some more? J x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You poor thing Jules, it is amazing what they can get up to and very scary really when you think about what can happen. So glad that Felix is ok and that you all got to enjoy some time at the park together. It looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun morning - with 2 little ones there's no time for sleeping in. Wait until they're teenagers & it's almost impossible to drag them out of bed so you can sleep in as long as you want!!!
    x
    Melissah
    (Coastal Style)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)