Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Y Tree

It is so cold at the moment. SO. cold. Yesterday, we had a weather warning for strong wind and rain... by mid-afternoon, it delivered. In the morning however, there was an almost eerie quiet around the place. The calm before the storm, I am thinking. After preschool drop-off, Felix and I walked to the shops for supplies. On our way back home I was mesmerised by how beautiful the spindly trees looked against the sunny sky. So while Felix slurped down a blueberry yoghurt pouch (his treat when we go shopping), I captured the beauty of a Winter's morning.

I'm joining in with Faith Hope & a whole lotta Love for 'Snap It' and this week's topic (which completely stumped me until I saw the shape of this 'Y' tree) of: Something that looks like a letter of the alphabet. 




10 comments:

  1. nature at it's best! great picture of the trees doing their best Y for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Those yoghurts are great, my kids love them! Much better treat then a chocolate frog, I'm such a pushover! Maybe it's because I make them get me one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have captured the calm before the storm, lovely Y trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'Y' trees.. looks just as cold at your place as at mine. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My it was an odd afternoon! You know that excursion bus I was telling you about?? Of course it broke down and they were stuck in the rain waiting for a new one, while we waited in the rain at school for them to return safely. Always the way!!

    It looks like the sun may make a reappearance today. I hope so.

    Beautiful shots x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the trees .. and squeezie yoghurt - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the y tree!! good on you for finding something for this weeks challenge! my girls are obsessed with squeezie yogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you got to enjoy some calm before the storm. Great 'snap' x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you discovered a letter in the tree! Great shot! Keep warm and have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it J. Sometimes I just love to sit and look at the trees and admire their shapes (don't get the chance often though!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)