Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekend Reflection

Early Saturday morning in July. Coogee Beach. Nine degrees. Four kilometres in soft sand and some random snaps of my 'workout world'I've needed to do this for a while. But lacked energy, strength and health. This weekend, there were no excuses. I must always try to remember the satisfaction and sense of well being exercise provides for me. Because it is so easy to forget, when I'm in a slump.

Saturday evening, Scott and I had one of our rare outings together, alone. A friend's engagement party in the city, allowed us to sneak off into the night (or more so I snuck off on a bus and met Scott in the city, as he had been at work all day). We intended to put our names down for a table at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant, but were promptly informed we'd have a two hour wait. So plan B, was scrumptious Thai, at a fantastic restaurant in the Ivy precinct. It was that good I practically licked the plate clean. Not the cheapest Thai we've ever eaten, but worth every penny. And sadly, no photos, as we were enjoying the moment way too much. We rolled on down the road to the party at Arthouse Hotel and had a fun night chatting and laughing and later on... dancing... at the engagement party. A lazy Sunday hanging with my boys, capped the weekend off just nicely.





13 comments:

  1. Some brisk early morning exercise and a night out with the husby sounds perfect to me! Hope you had a good weekend Julz. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a gorgeous weekend Jules. There is a distinct lack of exercise happening in my world (my pelvis is not co-operating!) but you're right, I always feel much better after a bit of exercise. I love Coogee Beach - do you live in the Eastern Suburbs? Lucky Duck! Have a great week! Melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, lovely weekend! I need to take a leaf out of your book. It's sometimes so hard in winter to remember how good you feel during and after exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that 2nd last photo!!!!!!
    What a gorgeous weekend. I really need to get my butt into action again!! I'm thinking of setting myself an August challenge or daily exercise?!
    Nine degrees!!! EEEEEKS :)
    x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. J, I need you with me when I make up excuses not to exercise, you can whip my butt into gear! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious day, lovely photos & excellent that you were able to have a night out & exercise over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to exercise...I admire your dedication and desire to be doing that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds just perfect, Julie.
    All great soul food.
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Somethimes I wish we were were closer to the beach, might motivate me more! (i'm not doing well with the exercise!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Julie. Perfect really. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect weekend (except the Scott working bit). How lovely to get some time together, then to follow it up with family time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I always feel homesick for Sydney when I read your blog Jules. Gorgeous photos and hearing you talk of all the places I know just makes it all seem so close. So glad I have your space to keep all the memories alive for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and good to hear you had a night out living it up. I love the restaurants at the Ivy - I had lunch there when I was there in March.

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)