Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Five Down

Winter. The merciless beast. I thought we were going pretty well health wise this year...and then August struck. All five of us have been down for the count this past week. In true Murphy's law style, the three littlies fell ill on the same night...while Scott was away for work in Cairns for a few days. So the usual bedlam that is my life these days, has been taken to new heights of chaos. Then of course two days later, I succumbed to a sinus infection...same day Scott returned home...with a cold. Compared with this time last year though, I should probably count my lucky stars that my body is my own. August 2013 is a month I'd like to put as far to the back of my mind as I can. Those early days of pregnancy were not kind. At all. Morning sickness and the flu are a fairly punishing combination. So when things have overwhelmed me during our bout of bleugh, I've reminded myself that it could be worse.

As for being a third time seasoned Mama when it comes to illness, I'm afraid I still don't cope well that first time my precious bubba spikes a fever. Or cries out uncontrollably. all. night. Or doesn't feed with the insatiable appetite she normally has. In fact, I struggle when any of my chickens are not one hundred percent, sparking on all plugs. I'm thinking that's just a Mama thing. One of the clauses in the contract we never signed. Needless to say I am quietly counting down the days to warm, Summery goodness and seeing the back of flu season and all it's associated lurgies.


7 comments:

  1. Wishing you wellness and lots of warm sunshine to come your way......your little one is absolutely adorable. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we've managed quite well up until now- 2 sickies this week, hopefully I'll stay healthy :) hope you're all feeling well again soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's such a little doll! Love that picture!
    We'll even though we're smack bang in the middle of summer (44 here today), we've been plagued with colds and flus too. I was up every hour last night so I know how you feel. The girls and I also had the full-blown flu (the first time I've ever had the proper flu) while we were in Italy and Slovenia - so annoying. I've never felt so sick as an adult.

    Anyway, onwards and upwards! I hope your crew is feeling better soon and the sun is warming your backs before you know it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a mumma thing! I'm the same - especially when it's a fever for some reason. My girls have just returned to health after colds/coughs. We're ready for Spring! I hope you're all better in no time. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor you. Poor little Bonny. Poor boys.

    We've had the same thing here - viruses followed by flus and colds. Awful. And I don't cope well with my littlies being sick AT ALL. I constantly second guess myself, then if and when they finally sleep, I worry if they sleep for too long. It is stressful. And three is a whole other world of chaos when everyone is sick and everyone needs their mummy. Wishing you wellness for the rest of the year. Rest easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh winter is evil this year, lucky you made the cutest baby to keep things happy. well done mama, i missed seeing you around the web! welcome back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. GET WELL SOON! It's all our fault I'm afraid, choosing to renovate over Winter. Thus it's been particularly cold and wet! Very very cute bubba, I know how stressful it is to have little ones unwell. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)